Kate L. Mesic
Born in Moscow, Russia, Attorney Yekaterina “Kate” Mesic immigrated to the United States with her family in 1997 and settled in Jacksonville, Florida. Since then, she has made the state her permanent home and now represents individuals throughout the area. Kate is fluent in Russian.
Attorney Mesic is an experienced and compassionate trial attorney with extensive experience in litigating criminal cases. She takes a holistic approach to all her cases and understands the costs involved both emotionally and financially for her clients.
- Criminal Defense
- Business Law
- University of Florida Levin College of Law - Juris Doctorate (2007)
- Book Award, Trial Practice, Spring 2006
- Honors, Legal Research and Writing, Fall 2004; Appellate Advocacy, Spring 2005
- Florida Journal of International Law, Senior Research Editor
- University North Florida - Bachelor of Arts in English, Summa Cum Laude (2004)
- Excellence in Scholarship Award, English Department, 2004
- Dean’s List 2000-2004
- Mock Trial Organization, President, 2002–2003
- Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society, 2004
Kate along with her husband and two sons reside in Mandarin (Jacksonville, FL). They enjoy traveling, hiking, and spending time with the kids.
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers - Leaders in Law Award (2015)
- Women in Business Awards - Up & Coming Entrepreneur of the Year (2013)
- Joseph & Marees – Association attorney (2009-2011)
- Office of the State Attorney, Fifth Judicial Circuit - Assistant State Attorney (2007 - 2008)
Memberships and Professional Associations
- Leadership Jacksonville Class (2016)
- Jacksonville Women's Business Center Advisory Board through the Jacksonville Chamber (2017)
- Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association (Past-President, 2013-2014)
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers (JWLA Chapter Representative) (2015)
- Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar Board of Governors (FAWL liaison) (2015)
- Membership Advancement and Promotion Committee of FAWL (2015)
- Young Lawyers Division Committee for FAWL (Former Chair)
- Governance committee and on the Fast Track Subcommittee for FAWL, which deals with urgent issues referred by the Board
- University of North Florida Pre-Law Program Board of Advisors (Executive Board Member) (2002-2016)
- Admitted to the United States District Court Middle District of Florida (2009)
- Admitted to Florida Bar (2007)
- Jacksonville Bar Association Member
- Women Business Owners of Northeast Florida (Former Government Relations Chair)
- Board of the Women Business Owners of Northeast Florida (Current Member)
- UNF Business Program Mentor
Attorney Mesic believes that personal attention is the key to successful representation because our main goal is to not only secure a favorable outcome legally, but to ensure a brighter future for our clients.
Benefit from Our Higher StandardsYou can rest assured that your case is in the hands of a professional that will treat your case with the care it deserves.
Excellent Communication & Updates
Understanding of the Courts & Common Tactics
Knowledgeable & Comprehensive Legal Advocacy
A Legacy of Positive Outcomes for Our Clients
A Wide Range of Professional Legal Experience
Commitment to Ensuring You Are Treated Fairly
A Firm You Can Trust
Our attorneys will be your guides through this uncomfortable and stressful time. Fill out our secure online form or call 904-615-8950 to get started.