Born in Moscow, Russia, Attorney Yekaterina “Kate” Mesic immigrated to the United States with her family in 1997 and settled in Jacksonville, Florida. Since then, she has made the state her permanent home and now represents individuals throughout the area.
Attorney Mesic is an experienced and compassionate trial attorney with extensive experience in litigating both criminal and civil legal cases. She understands the benefits of settling cases before trial, as well as the costs involved both emotionally and financially for her clients.
Attorney Mesic works closely with the students of the UNF Pre-Law Program to help them achieve their goals of going to law school. She is also is a frequent guest speaker in a variety of UNF classes.
She and her husband reside on the Southside of Jacksonville. They enjoy traveling the United States, hiking, and enjoying music from all over the world. Attorney Mesic is fluent in Russian and is able to competently translate both legal and civil documents.
- Class of 2016
University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Juris Doctorate
University of North Florida
- Undergraduate degree
- Graduated with highest honors
- Wolfson High School
- Up & Coming Entrepreneur of the Year during the Women in Business Awards (2013)
- Leaders in Law Award from the Florida Association of Women Lawyers (2015)
Memberships and Professional Associations
- Jacksonville Women's Business Center Advisory Board through the Jacksonville Chamber
- Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association (Past-President, 2013-2014)
- JWLA to the Florida Association of Women Lawyers (Chapter Representative)
- Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar Board of Governors (FAWL liaison)
- Membership Advancement and Promotion Committee of FAWL
- Young Lawyers Division Committee for FAWL (Former Chair)
- Governance committee and on the Fast Track Subcommittee for FAWL, which deals with urgent issues referred by the Board
- University of North Florida Pre-Law Program Board of Advisors (Executive Board Member)
- The United States District Court Middle District of Florida
- Florida State Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Small Business Resource Network of Northeast Florida
- Board of the Women Business Owners of Northeast Florida (Former Government Relations Chair)
- Board of the Women Business Owners of Northeast Florida (Current Member)
Dismissed Stalking Injunction
Injunction case: D.M.M., Petitioner vs. L.V.M., Respondent